EdR is an aggressive and consistent buyer of purpose-built collegiate housing communities throughout the nation. Through our integrated, multi-team due diligence process, we offer sellers a streamlined negotiation process, no financing contingencies, focused transaction management, and certainty at closing. Our experienced professional team is the cornerstone of a seamless process designed to complete a purchase in the shortest possible time.
EdR seeks to acquire purpose-built collegiate housing communities with sound market fundamentals, pedestrian to universities with robust or growing enrollments. The university neighborhood should face either significant barriers to entry or the property should require the turnaround efforts and expertise our ownership and management team provides.
- Garden-style communities
- Low-, mid-, and high-rise properties
- Cottage communities
- Communities in development or construction phases, or new and recently opened
- Mature communities in need of repositioning or renovation
- Rural, suburban or urban settings within close proximity to universities
With our extensive understanding of collegiate markets across the country and our depth of experience in developing, owning, and managing collegiate housing communities, we provide sellers with:
- Rapid and fair market offers
- Custom purchase and sale agreements
- Immediate access to capital allows for quick closings
- Payments can be either “all cash” or subject to existing debt or loan assumption
- Site evaluations that do not interfere with day-to-day operation of the property
- Expedited transaction management and closings which respect the needs of the seller
We provide 100% of the asset management and property management services after the sale.
Flexibility and an uncompromising commitment to standards are the keys to a successful partnership. EdR has had successful partnerships with other developers to create pre-development projects, or provide financing with intent to purchase upon completion of the project. We have been a joint venture partner on a number of successful developments and, as a partner, provided financing and construction oversight assistance. We are willing to provide the majority of the required equity in a joint venture and prefer a partner with reasonable experience in student housing development.
EdR has entered into a variety of pre-sale agreements in which we commit to purchase a purpose-built student housing asset when it is completed at some fixed point in the future. This type of transaction typically closes within two years of executing the agreement. The developer is usually responsible for leasing the property and providing the income stream which EdR also purchases.